“Meazon Janus supports Meazon MicroBizy, an HTTP User Interface commissioning tool for real time monitoring. Full control of the ZigBee network is also possible including adding, removing and configuring devices plus capability of configuring Janus’s network parameters. The Gateway, also supports Node-RED a virtual tool for wiring the Internet of Things.”
Meazon Janus is a Linux-based, small form factor powerful State-of-the-Art hub for provisioning, aggregating and backhauling ZigBee or W-Mbus sensor data from Meazon metering and sensor devices to online analytics services (Meazon or 3rd party). Thanks to the user-friendly provisioning web UI (MicroBizy), minimal configuration effort is required even for large scale deployments. Supports various messaging and OSS protocols including Meazon ZigPy for troubleshooting ZigBee networks. Supports SIA protocol for security systems connection and open ADR 2.0, for implementing DR strategies.
Meazon Janus supports Meazon MicroBizy, an HTTP User Interface commissioning tool for real time monitoring. Full control of the ZigBee network is also possible including adding, removing and configuring devices plus capability of configuring Janus's network parameters. The Gateway, also supports Node-RED a virtual tool for wiring the Internet of Things.
Meazon Janus Technical Characteristics
Equipped with a powerful Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 at 1GHz and 512MB DDR3. Its storing ability comes at 4GB embedded MMC and works with a state-of-the-art Ubuntu Linux distribution.
Network-time synchronization is available, and even when not, a Battery-Powered Real Time Clock certifies accuracy of measurement/event timestamps. The Gateway is capable of transmitting control and data messages throughout the ZigBee network, which, in turn, can be monitored using a variety of provided IP-based protocols, such as MQTT, FTP, Websocket or HTTP(s). The monitored data, reported by the ZigBee sensors, (i.e.. measurements, sensor events/alerts), are also stored in a local SQLite database which can be exported in CSV file format. Janus supports Meazon ZigPy a versatile Python platform, for connecting ZigBee to TCP/IP-like protocols. This service has a modular design which makes it easily extendable. Janus is also designed to facilitate automation of DR (Demand/Response) actions, whether it involves electric load shedding or load shifting.
Meazon Janus Use Cases
- Monitor & control ZigBee meters & sensors, such as in Energy Efficiency applications
- Monitor & control W-Mbus meters & sensors, such as in remote Energy Efficiency and Water Management applications
- Monitor & control SIA related security systems, such as home security systems
- Implement rules based decision systems in a local level, such as Smart Home applications
- Implement Demand-Response energy management strategies, ideal for Utilities that require to massively roll-out DR services to their customers
- Roll-out energy submeters in high volumes and reduced time using an automated user-friendly web enabled MicroBizy UI tool
- Test & troubleshoot ZigBee networks in an easy and user-friendly manner
- Real-time monitoring of energy submetering devices
|Processor||1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8|
|USB 2.0 ports||2 x USB 2.0 type A host port, mini-USB 2.0 client port|
|Onboard storage||4 GB embedded MMC, microSD card|
|Network interfaces||10/100 RJ45, ZigBee, W-Mbus, WiFi (optional), Bluetooth (optional)|
|ZigBee||Home Automation 1.2|
|Protocol interfaces||MQTT, HTTP, WebSocket, FTP, SIA DC-09, NodeRed|
|OSS applications||ZigPy, uBizy, NodeRed, SNMP|
|Power source||5.5mm/2.1mm Barrel connector, 5V@2A|
|Size||118 x 118 x 27 mm|